Distances and Surface Types
North to South:
Platte River Connection Bridge to 228th Street: Packed Limestone, .9 miles
South Bend Trailhead (228th) to Wabash
- There is no established trail; this is the interim road route
1. Get to 334th St via either of these routes leaving the 228th Street Trailhead:
A. Less Gravel; South on 228th to Kimberly. Left on Kimberly to Hwy 66. South on Hwy 66 to 334th Street, South on 334th to Alvo Rd, right on Alvo (East
* MoPac Trail E, Eagle, NE
* Elmwood, MoPac Trail, Elmwood, NE 68349
* Wabash, NE (no services, park along 322nd St, it's safe, the road bridge is out)
Attention: The trail from South Bend to Wabash is not complete.
The Kiosk at both points provides interim road route directions
between Wabash and South Bend.
* MoPac Trail Parking, 328th St, South Bend, NE 68058
Interactive maps here: https://visitcasscounty.com/cass-county-trails
Note: The bike bridge a the Platte River Connection is closed until mid-summer 2021 for repair due to '19 flood damage.
- biking take the MoPac east from 84th Street to all destinations
- driving take Hwy 34 east to all destinations.
- biking? - the bridge at the Platte River is closed until mid-summer 2021
- driving take exit 426 to go to South Bend, Wabash or Elmwood
- driving take exit 420 to go to Eagle